Mark Your Calendar for Wolfpack Welcome Week
Get the NC State Guides app and mark your calendars for these fun activities to start the new school year.
Although it’s called Wolfpack Welcome Week, the fun actually goes on for over a week! The 2022 edition of Wolfpack Welcome Week takes place Aug. 18-27 and includes social opportunities and events to help welcome new and returning students to campus. This year’s festivities will be capped off by the return of Packapalooza, a massive, all-day festival on Hillsborough Street.
You can view the full schedule of events and create your own custom schedule using the NC State Guides app. In the meantime, here are some of the activities you won’t want to miss:
- Moonlight Howl and Run (Friday, Aug. 19): Celebrate the start of the year with this 1.6-mile midnight fun run around campus starting at the Belltower. Hang out afterward with a post-race party and live DJ at the Brickyard. Register here by Friday, Aug. 19.
- Talley Takeover (Aug. 20): Join the University Activities Board as they kick off a new school year with a Welcome Back Bash. They are taking over spaces around Talley Student Union for a late-night event, so come out for fun, food, inflatables, activities, music and giveaways!
- RecFest (Aug. 21): Enjoy an evening of fun as Wellness and Recreation helps you kick off the year with RecFest, an interactive event offering free food, inflatables, giveaways and entertainment. Bring your friends and be part of one of the largest events on campus!
- New Student Convocation (Aug. 21): New Student Convocation is the opportunity for first-year students to kick off the academic year with 5,000 of their fellow classmates, faculty and staff while hearing from Chancellor Woodson and the student body president and participating in the Class of 2026 photo.
- Residence Hall Community Gathering (Aug. 22): Community Gatherings are the floor meetings residents attend after moving in. Here they learn about their building, meet people and go over safety/emergency procedures. The location varies within your residential community; see community-specific information from University Housing staff during check-in.
- Chillin’ and Grillin’ with IFC/IRC (Aug. 23): This collaborative program between the Interfraternity Council and the Inter-Residence Council encourages students to meet new people by introducing residents to two of the largest organizations on campus.
- Black Students Board’s Back 2 School Jam (Aug. 24): Come meet the Black Students Board and other organizations and departments on campus for a free T-shirt! The tabling event will be in the third floor lobby of Talley Student Union from 5-6 p.m., and at 6 p.m. the event will move inside Stewart Theatre for a student showcase featuring stepping, dancing and more!
- Respect the Pack (Aug. 25): Respect the Pack is an opportunity for students to learn more about diversity and inclusion, what NC State is doing to further equity and inclusion, and what we can all do to Respect the Pack.
- Student Involvement Fair (Aug. 26): Learn about ways to connect with a variety of student organizations, academic programs and campus services. Don’t forget to talk with student organization leaders and meet faculty and staff who can help you navigate the journey! This event is sponsored by Student Leadership and Engagement.
- Packapalooza (Aug. 27): Packapalooza™ is an all-day block party and street festival capping off Wolfpack Welcome Week at the start of the academic year. We will have everything it takes to celebrate in NC State style, including great music, activities throughout the day and fun entertainment for the whole family. Previous year’s events have had over 85,000 attendees with over 300 vendor booths and over 40 sponsoring organizations.
- College Connections (dates vary by college): This is your opportunity to continue building relationships with the students, faculty and staff within your college. As your new academic home, you’ll want to begin making connections early, so come out to your College Connections and help NC State start to feel like home!
Social and Entertainment Events
- Screen on the Green (Aug. 19)
- Out of State Student Welcome (Aug. 20)
- UAB Brick Break (Aug. 22)
- Campus Community Centers Open House (Aug. 22)
- Witherspoon Welcome Back Block Party (Aug. 22)
- Welcome Back, Class of 2025 (Aug. 22)
- NC State Hearts Transfers (Aug. 23)
- Counseling and Prevention Services’ Pause for Paws (Aug. 25)
- Meet the Multicultural Greek Council (Aug. 25)
- Exploratory Studies Welcome Celebration (Aug. 26)
Get Involved and Connect with Resources
- Military and Veteran Student Summit (Aug. 19)
- Wolfline and Local Transportation Information (multiple dates)
- Music Ensembles and Minors Info Session (Aug. 19)
- GLBT Symposium (Aug. 20)
- University Theatre Open House (Aug. 22)
- Welcome to the Libraries and Academic Success Center (multiple dates)
- Arts NC State Virtual Info Session with Trivia and Prizes (Aug. 23)
- Crafts Center Open House/Refreshments (Aug. 23)
- Get Moving with the Dance Program (Aug. 25)
Share Your #NCStateWWW Experience
Keep up with all the action by following the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (@ncstatedasa), and use #NCStateWWW to share your experience on social media!