National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Announces New Phone Number
NC State Counseling and Prevention Services advises that the number for the Suicide Prevention Lifeline is changing to 988 effective July 16.
On Saturday, July 16, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline will be accessible to everyone across the United States via the new 988 three-digit dialing code. When people call, text or chat 988, they will be connected to trained counselors who will listen, provide support and connect them to any appropriate resources.
Learn more in this news article from ABC11.
On campus, students have access to the following mental health resources:
The NC State community can find additional off-campus mental health resources through the following national databases
- Find an off-campus provider on MiResource
- Black Therapists Rock
- PsyPact (Psychologists practicing in multiple states)
- Good Therapy
- Online Counseling Directory
- Open Path Collective (reduced rate)
- National Queer and Trans POC Network
- Therapy for Black Girls
- Therapy for Black Men
- Therapy for Latinx
- Asian Mental Health Directory
- Psychology Today
- Therapy Den
- Therapy Route (International therapists)
The above resources are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by the NC State Counseling Center.
Additional mental health crisis resources include: