Wellness and Recreation Coronavirus Update – March 17
The health, safety and well-being of our campus community remains a top priority. Given the unprecedented circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, NC State will close the Wellness and Recreation Carmichael Complex effective immediately. These are preventative measures that NC State University is taking to prevent additional spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and to minimize health and safety risks to our students, faculty and staff, and community.
We are in regular communication and are working with university and health officials to guide decision-making related to reopening the Carmichael Complex and resuming our regular-scheduled programs.
These closures include:
- Carmichael Gym
- Carmichael Recreation Center
- Casey Aquatics Center
- Miller Fields and Method Road Fields
All facility reservations scheduled during the closure have been canceled.
To encourage appropriate healthy behaviors and fitness and well-being opportunities, Wellness and Recreation is providing additional resources for our community to use:
Wellness and Recreation also encourages our users to follow protective measures outlined by the Centers for Disease Control to help keep yourself and others safe.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds per hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wipe down equipment and weights before and after use.
- Stay home if you feel ill.
- Follow social distancing practices by reducing close contact with others.
Updates related to NC State University’s COVID-19 response can be found at: go.ncsu.edu/coronavirus