It’s Time to Prepare for Fall 2022 Move-In
University Housing shares a checklist and what to expect for the fall 2022 move-in process.
University Housing has announced plans for the fall 2022 semester’s move-in operation, which will take place from Aug. 18-21. The following information was shared by email to all fall semester residents on July 11 with specific instructions and action items needing their attention prior to arrival in August. Residents should make plans now to select a check-in appointment time slot in MyPack Portal.
- Sign up for your check-in appointment. Check-in for your residence hall is by appointment only. Appointments are available in 1-hour slots between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day from Aug. 18-20 and 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 21. Here are step-by-step instructions for signing up:
- Log into MyPack Portal and go to the Housing Portal
- Select Manage My Housing, located in the red navigation bar
- Select Fall Check-in Appointments
- Select the Save and Continue Button
- Choose your move-in appointment; confirm it
- Once you confirm your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email sent to your ncsu.edu email address.
- Be aware of what to (and what not to) bring. We want you to make your space feel like home while remaining safe, so be sure to review the NC State Suggested Packing List. We also recommend you bring a small cart to assist with move-in and a tarp or other large covering with you to help protect belongings during the move-in process in case of rain.
- Pack for your Wolf Den in stackable containers and label each container with your last name, building, and room number.
- Know where you will check-in and what you will need to check-in. You can find all the details in our Fall Move-in Guide.
* Approved student organizations and early arrival residential students will not need to sign up for an appointment time for Tuesday or Wednesday, Aug. 16-17. This exemption only applies to these two days and for the early arrival category of student organizations and approved individual students.
**You can edit your scheduled appointment up to 24 hours before your selected appointment time.
- Traffic patterns on and around campus will be adjusted on move-in days. Please review the NC State Transportation move-in web page for the directions to your assigned residence hall. We ask you to use the provided directions instead of GPS directions.
- To create a move-in experience as contactless as possible, NC State staff and volunteers will not move student belongings. The only exception will be for residents of Bowen, Metcalf or Carroll who use the luggage train and unload from the Coliseum Deck.
- Getting checked in to your residential community: You will need a photo ID when you check in, so please make sure you have one with you. It is preferred that you have your NC State student ID to speed up your check-in process.
- Upon arrival for move-in to your residential assignment:
- Your vehicle will need to be unloaded by any move-in assistants you may bring to campus.
- As soon as you have unloaded your vehicle, please relocate it to long-term parking.
- Simultaneously, you will be directed to pick up your room/apartment key(s) at your designated building location. Find your check-in location on our website.
- Note that move-in for Tri-Towers (Bowen, Metcalf, Carroll) is facilitated from the Coliseum Deck where, with the assistance of university staff/volunteers, your belongings are loaded onto a luggage train, transported to the building where you are assigned to live, and unloaded for you to take to your room.
- If you don’t already have your university-issued ID card, you will need to go to the One Card Office located in Talley Student Union after unloading your vehicle. During move-in days, the One Card Office plans to be open Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sunday 12 – 3 p.m. If you happen to be on campus before move-in, you may stop by the One Card Office to pick up your student ID.
Wolfpack Welcome Week (#NCStateWWW) marks the beginning of every fall semester with a series of events that allow new students to start building their community at NC State. Download the mobile guide now to start planning which fun activities you want to attend. Don’t miss the return of Packapalooza on Saturday, Aug. 27!
As a university, we do all we can to make navigating campus and getting through the check-in process smooth, safe and efficient. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as the Pack moves into the land of Red and White. If you have questions regarding your arrival to campus or the move-in process, check out our resources online at go.ncsu.edu/fall-move-in or email email@example.com.