Fall 2021 Move-In Employee Parking and Traffic Information
University Housing and University Transportation advise that traffic and parking around Main Campus will be heavily impacted by move-in, which takes place Aug. 12-15.
It’s time again for students to join the Pack! Below is important information about traffic and parking impacts during the fall 202l move-in process.
NC State’s Main Campus will be heavily impacted beginning Thursday, August 12, through Sunday, August 15. Roads that you will want to avoid during this time are Varsity Drive, Dan Allen Dr. (north of Sullivan Dr.) and Morrill Drive.
To access the central and eastern parts of campus (Talley Student Union, Carmichael, Thompson Theatre Area), use Pullen Road to Dunn Ave. To access the western part of campus (admin. services buildings, motor pool, Sullivan Shops), use Gorman St. to Sullivan Dr.
To access the northern part of campus, use Pullen Rd. to Stinson Dr.
Employee Parking Impacts Between Aug. 12-15
- No parking on Baver Drive (next to Syme and Welch Residence Halls).
- No parking in the Student Services Lot (Harris/Pullen Halls).
- No parking in Bragaw, Lee, Sullivan Residence Halls.
- No parking on Cates Ave from Talley Student Center to Dan Allen Drive.
- No parking in any reserved move-in loading zone spaces.
Alternate Parking Areas
- Dan Allen Deck
- Coliseum Deck
- West Deck
- Jeter Bays Lot
- “C” spaces on East Cates Ave (in front of Derr Track)