Celebrate Transfer Student Appreciation Week
During the week of Oct. 17-21, NC State will celebrate transfer students and their families with a series of fun events.
Transfer Student Appreciation Week is a nationally organized recognition of the unique experiences and needs of transfer students. The event is held every third week of October, and in 2022 it will be celebrated from Oct. 17-21.
NC State’s campus is home to over 4,200 transfer students. Throughout the week, transfer students are invited to events that will help them engage with one another during fun activities, get better acquainted with the campus and surrounding community and enjoy some great food. All events are free to attend. Use and follow the #TransferPack throughout the week to keep up with all the action.
Transfer Student Appreciation Week events are sponsored by the Transfer Connections Village in University Housing, New Student Programs, Goodnight Scholarships, Community College Collaboration and the College of Humanities and Social Sciences – Student Council. Check out the full schedule of events below and at https://go.ncsu.edu/transferpack.
We Are NC State Transfers
- Monday, Oct. 17 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Talley Student Union Lobby
- We are so excited to kick off Transfer Student Appreciation Week with snacks and the opportunity to share your story and to show our NC State Transfer Pride!
Engineering <3 Transfer Students
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Engineering Building II
- The College of Engineering wants to celebrate engineering transfer students during National Transfer Student Week! Join us in the EB II Breezeway for music, games (with prizes) and free Howling Cow ice cream.
Design Transfer Coffee and Chats
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 from 12 to 2 p.m.
- Allred Gallery, Kamphoefner Hall
- College of Design transfer students are welcome to stop by for coffee and conversation!
Poole Transfer Week Table
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 from 1-3 p.m.
- Nelson Hall
- If you are a Poole College of Management Transfer or CODA Student stop by Nelson Hall to grab a Poole Transfer/CODA button and cookie (while supplies last)!
TransferPack: Game on Transfers
- Thursday, Oct. 20 from 12-2 p.m.
- D.H. Hill Jr. Library
- This event is for transfer students to learn about the Virtual Reality Lab and Makerspace. Feel free to roam back and forth between rooms in both spaces or to stay in one room for however long you want to be there.
CED Transfers Ice Cream Social
- Thursday, Oct. 20 from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- South Atrium of Poe Hall
- Join the College of Education for a transfer student ice cream social!
- Friday, Oct. 21 from 12-3 p.m.
- Harris Field
- All transfer students and their families are welcome to our Transfer Picnic to close out Transfer Student Appreciation Week. We will have burgers and hotdogs as well as some lawn games for everyone to enjoy!
- Learn more: https://calendar.ncsu.edu/event/transfer_picnic