PACKing Tips: Week of Aug. 9-13
University Housing shares a checklist for incoming students and their families as well as info about what they can expect on move-in day this week.
Leading up to the fall 2021 move-in days (August 12-15), University Housing is sharing weekly checklists to help students and their families prepare for a smooth move-in process.
For this week’s tips, we will focus on travel logistics, the check-in process and parking on move-in day:
- If you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have not uploaded your vaccination information to the HealthyPack Portal, you are required within 72 hours before or after your move-in appointment to provide a copy of a negative PCR COVID-19 test result, uploaded into the HealthyPack Portal. There are several convenient, on-campus testing locations (listed on the Protect the Pack website) if you need to test during the move-in period. If you are tested on campus, you do not need to upload your results.
- Make sure to verify the check-in location for your residence hall under the “Check-in Locations” on the Fall Move-in Guide one last time.
- When driving to campus on move-in day, please use the directions on the University Transportation website, rather than your GPS. The route will be slightly different to accommodate higher traffic volume on campus!
- When you arrive at your check-in location, park temporarily in designated unloading areas for your building/community, following directions from on-site staff. In several areas, you will be asked to have someone remain with your vehicle or to unload and immediately move your vehicle to long-term parking.
- Make sure to have your Wolfpack One Card or a government-issued photo I.D. handy as you prepare to check in.
- While the resident is checking in and picking up their room key, move-in assistants accompanying the resident should begin to unload their vehicle. Note: In order to provide as contactless of a move-in experience as possible, staff and volunteers will not be able to assist in unloading or moving personal items.
- Move-in for Tri-Towers (Bowen, Metcalf, Carroll) is facilitated from the Coliseum Deck where, with the assistance of university staff/volunteers, your belongings are loaded onto a trailer, transported to your assigned building, and unloaded at the backdoor, ready for you to take to your room. (If you prefer to unload your belongings without assistance from others, please proceed to the Student Services Lot rather than the Coliseum Deck.) A Transportation staff member will be stationed at the corner of Morrill Drive and Cates Avenue to provide direction to either location.
- As soon as your vehicle is unloaded, it must be moved to dedicated long-term parking areas. Long-term parking locations are listed in the directions for each specific residence hall on the University Transportation website.
- Before entering your residence hall, remember to put on a face covering. Per the university’s COVID-19 Community Standards, residents and their move-in assistants are all required to wear masks while inside campus buildings. Extra masks will be available at community service desks and check-in locations for anyone who needs them.
- Once your vehicle is moved to long-term parking, you may start unpacking and decorating your room. Family members/move-in assistants are welcome to stay as long as they like as everyone gets settled in.
- If you want to eat a meal at one of our dining locations, Meal Plans will be active for residents. See the NC State Dining website to find a dining location near you.