NC State TRIO Staff Making an Impact at the State Level
Several NC State TRIO staff members are serving in leadership capacities at the state level through TRIO's professional association.
Several NC State TRIO staff members are serving in leadership capacities at the state level through TRIO’s professional association. Through these responsibilities, TRIO staff at NC State are helping to promote college access and success through committee appointments, leadership roles and student programming for 103 programs and more than 27,000 first-generation, under-resourced and under-served students across the state.
The following NC State TRIO staff members are currently serving in NC TRIO:
- Maurice Mathis (senior director, TRIO Pre-College Programs) serves as the NC TRIO state president
- La’Toya Cesar Reed (assistant director, TRIO Talent Search) serves as the NC TRIO secretary
- Terry Baxter (assistant director, TRIO Upward Bound) serves on the Scholarship Committee and the Spring State Conference Committee
- Canitria Cook (academic coordinator, TRIO Upward Bound) serves as the chair of the scholarship committee
- Dawn Speas (program assistant, TRIO Collegiate Programs) serves as the registration chair for the Spring State Conference
The purpose of NC TRIO is to provide services that prepare students for post-secondary educational experiences and to facilitate institutional responses to the challenges of serving more diverse populations. NC TRIO consists of 103 programs which serve more than 27,000 students annually with a combined annual budget of $33,359,889. Learn more here.