Message to Incoming Students: Moving to NC State
University Housing is delighted to welcome all new and returning students to campus housing for the 2019-2020 academic year. As you prepare to arrive on campus in August, there are some things you can do to make your return smooth and stress free:
Before you Arrive
- Plan your route to campus by printing and reviewing the placard with directions for your assigned residence hall. Transportation and Parking
- Be aware of what to/what not to bring. Visit the University Housing website for a list of things you should consider bringing and a list of things you should leave at home. We want you to make your space on campus feel like home while remaining safe, so be sure to review the list of approved items.
- Pack for your Wolf Den in stackable containers and label each container with your last name, building and room number. This will be extremely helpful during the move-in process, as volunteers will be set up in many locations to assist with getting items to your building/room.
- Know when you should arrive, where you will check-in and what you will need to check-in. Move-in Information
- Download the NC State Guides App and search for University Housing for up to date information about move-in.
- Living Learning Villages – If you have been accepted into a Living Learning Village, please review the arrival information from your specific Village.
- New freshmen and transfer students – Your move-in days are Friday, Aug. 16 and Saturday, Aug. 17, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day (unless you are in a Village). Staff will also be available to check-in students on Sunday, Aug. 18.
- Getting checked in to your residential community Please visit the Move-in Information website for the check-in location for your assigned residential community. You will need a photo ID when you check-in, so please make sure you have one with you. If you already have your NC State student ID, that is the best ID to have in order to speed up your check-in process.
- If you are assigned to Bowen, Carroll, Metcalf, Lee or Sullivan and you are assigned to an even numbered floor (2, 4, 6. etc.), we encourage you to check-in between 9:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. If you are assigned to an odd numbered floor (1, 3, 5. etc.), we encourage you to check-in between 12:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Traffic patterns on and around campus will be adjusted on move-in days. Please review the placard you printed from Transportation for the directions to your assigned residence hall. The directions for move-in may be very different from any GPS directions because of changes to traffic flows onto and around campus.
- Forget something? We’ve got you covered! There are options on campus during move-in days. Visit Bed Bath & Beyond’s Grand Opening tent sale located at Harris Field on Friday, Aug. 16 and Saturday, Aug. 17 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Wolf Den Design Challenge – Think your room is something to howl about? Consider entering the Wolf Den Design Challenge for a chance to show off your decorating prowess and win some awesome prizes.
- Wolfpack Welcome Week – WWW (Aug. 16-24) marks the beginning of every fall semester with a series of events that allow new students to start building their community at NC State. See the full schedule of events and download the mobile guide at go.ncsu.edu/ncstatewww.
As a university we do all we can to make navigating campus and getting through the check-in process as smooth and quick as we can. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as more than 10,000 students will be moving into the land of Red and White in the span of a few short days.
If you have questions regarding your arrival to campus or the move in process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy the rest of your summer!