DASA Becomes Five-Time Day of Giving Champion for Total Gifts
For the fifth year in a row, the Division of Academic and Student Affairs finished at the top of the leaderboards for most gifts on Day of Giving.
For the fifth consecutive year, the Wolfpack rallied to help the Division of Academic and Student Affairs earn the most gifts for NC State’s 2023 Day of Giving. On the day, the division raised more than $1.3 million through 2,100-plus gifts. The division also received bonus funds by winning eight social media challenges for the day.
University-wide, NC State raised over $34 million from more than 16,700 gifts during the 24-hour period. In the Division of Academic and Student Affairs, alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students from around the nation and the world gave generously to 47 different funds to enhance programs in the division.
Thanks to incredible support, the division also unlocked two challenge matches:
- Department of Performing Arts and Technology Challenge: An anonymous donor couple gave $25,000 to their existing scholarship endowment when the music and dance enhancement funds of the Department of Performing Arts and Technology received 250 gifts combined.
- Feed the Pack Food Pantry Challenge: When the Feed the Pack Food Pantry Fund received 250 gifts, Steve ’79 and Gladys Deaton gave $25,000 to support the Pack Essentials program.
The top five areas of support in terms of total gifts received were:
- Feed the Pack Food Pantry: $47,052 from 439 gifts
- Student Emergency Fund: $431,264 from 271 gifts
- Music Enhancement Fund: $14,275 from 161 gifts
- Counseling and Prevention Services Enhancement Fund: $33,194 from 154 gifts
- Dance Enhancement Fund: $2,687 from 108 gifts
The division, and departments within, won the following social media challenges:
- First Gift
- Repeat Donor
- Most Parent Gifts
- “Red and White Song” Challenge — NC State LIVE
- Most Alumni Gifts (10-11 p.m.)
- Last Gift
- Window into the Wolfpack — Wellness and Recreation
- #GivingPack Hashtag Match Challenge Champion — Department of Performing Arts and Technology
“For the fifth consecutive year, our division has received an incredible outpouring of support from our Wolfpack community for Day of Giving,” said Doneka Scott, vice chancellor and dean of Academic and Student Affairs. “We are incredibly grateful to all of the students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and other friends of the university for your gifts, participation in social media challenges and the many other ways you support the Pack. Your generosity will ensure students are equipped with the resources and support they need to thrive at NC State and beyond.”
As one of the largest organizations on campus, the Division of Academic and Student Affairs touches the lives of nearly every NC State student. Learn more about the division’s programs and the funds they raised and see more results from Day of Giving at dayofgiving.ncsu.edu.