Once again, the NC State Counseling Center shares the grief and consternation of our Wolfpack community and the world as a result of the violent attacks against the peoples of both Lahore, Pakistan and Brussels, Belgium over the past few days. As a global community, the Wolfpack is directly and indirectly impacted by this crisis in different ways, along with the many unnamed tragedies across the world. We encourage you to be aware of how you may be emotionally impacted and to support fellow Wolfpack members in need. We also recognize that one’s individual self-care needs may be different from the next – rather than assuming what someone needs, try to ask and give them the space to process their feelings. Listen from a place of compassion – we may be responding differently, but each member of the Wolfpack’s experience is significant.
Here are some other helpful ways to process these tragic events:
- Come to the Counseling Center for individual discussion and support.
- Request from the Counseling Center a time to discuss the attacks if you are a part of a student organization or another campus group that needs support.
- Reach out to campus partners such as Multicultural Student Affairs and the Office of International Services.
- Attend and/or participate in NC State or local events that rally the community.
- Engage with religious or spiritual communities for individual and collective support.
- Connect with faculty and staff who are also directly or indirectly impacted.
We are again reminded by the attacks in Lahore and Brussels that violence knows no bounds – people of all cultures, communities, and religions are its victims. The NC State Counseling Center suffers and stands with all Wolfpack members to condemn violence in all its forms.
Please contact PJ Adams or Angel Bowers (firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com) for outreach requests related to these incidents.
Walk into the Center for assistance anytime between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Utilize our after-hours on-call service 919.515.2423 if needed.
We are one Pack,
Your NC State Counseling Center Family