303 NC State Caterpillar Scholar-Athletes Recognized
During halftime at the NC State vs. Virginia basketball game, NC State Caterpillar Scholar-Athletes were recognized for their achievements in the classroom.
In fall 2018, 303 student-athletes earned a term grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Among these student-athletes are:
- 176 Dean’s List recipients
- 41 perfect 4.0 semester GPAs
- Four ACC Postgraduate Honorary and Scholarship award nominees.
NC State has the honor of leading the ACC in ACC Postgraduate Award winners.
NC State’s Top Ten Scholar-Athletes were honored in center court. In order for a student-athlete to be honored as one of our “Top Ten” they must have completed 5 full-time semesters at NC State and have one of the ten highest total GPAs among all the student-athletes. This year’s top ten scholar-athletes are:
- Mackenzie Glover from the women’s swimming and diving team, majoring in Environmental Science and double minoring in Forest Management and Wildlife Science with a 4.0 GPA.
- Anton Ipsen from the men’s swimming and diving team, majoring in Industrial Engineering and minoring in Statistics with a 4.0 GPA.
- Zee King from the women’s soccer team, majoring in Nutrition Science with a 4.0 GPA.
- Olga Lapteva from the women’s swimming and diving team, majoring in Business Administration with a 4.0 GPA.
- Bailey Revels from the women’s swimming and diving team, majoring in Materials Science and Engineering with a 4.0 GPA.
- Kristina Schuster from the women’s soccer team, majoring in Accounting with a 4.0 GPA.
- Claire Spina from the rifle team majoring in Science, Technology, and Society and minoring in Biology with a 4.0 GPA.
- Maggie Tamburro from the gymnastics team, majoring in Biomedical Engineering and minoring in biological sciences with a 4.0 GPA
- Alec Thomas from the men’s cross country and track team, who is a graduate student studying Industrial Engineering with a 4.0 GPA.
- Hannah Stokes from the women’s cross country and track team, majoring in Biomedical Engineering with a 3.991 GPA.
The scholars were joined on the court by NC State University Chancellor Randy Woodson, Vice Chancellor and Dean for Academic and Student Affairs Mike Mullen, Assistant Dean and Director of the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes Katie Graham, Faculty Athletic Representative Joel Pawlak, Wolfpack Sports Marketing Representative Jim Moran, and Caterpillar’s Director of Industry and Association Marketing.
Congratulations to all our amazing scholar-athletes!